Top 5 reasons to hire a wedding planner
Should you hire a wedding planner? Many couples wonder about the benefits of hiring a wedding planner and if it’s worth the investment. It is DEFINITELY worth it, providing, of course, you’re working with the right person and everyone has a clear understanding of the expectations and responsibilities.
If budget is a concern, talk to planners and see what support they can offer in limited scope in the way of consultations, pre-planning, or day-of assistance. Experienced wedding planners are familiar with the process, staying within budget, and the common situations where things get off track. Finding your perfect wedding planner ensures your special day is everything you’ve always imagined.
These are our top 5 reasons to hire a wedding planner:
1. They have experience. This is what they do, and they’ve done it a LOT. How many weddings or events have you planned? Hiring a professional wedding planner can be particularly helpful with the big decisions that need to be made at the beginning of your process, where you can save a lot of money by planning strategically. But where you’ll really appreciate help is as your big day gets closer and especially on the day of, knowing someone is taking care of the many tiny details on the To Do list.
2. Staying on budget. Experienced planners are exceptional at budgeting and forecasting. You can usually count on them to come in at or under your budget. One of the first questions you will be asked in your initial consultation is about your budget, and how many guests you would like to invite. An experienced wedding planner can immediately offer some general ideas and feedback based on basic common formulas ($ X per head for this type of venue, etc) and then work with you to plan your perfect wedding.
3. Reduced stress – let someone else handle some of the details – enjoy your engagement!! When you hire a wedding planner you’ll be working with them, especially initially during the planning. They will help carry the load & walk you through the many decisions that need to be made. They can help you avoid common mistakes which save you both time and money. When you find someone you trust and who listens to you, it can take a huge weight off. You’ll still be involved with planning, but it will be up to the planner to do much of the work to make it happen.
4. A professional wedding planner can connect you with reliable vendors with fair prices. Sadly there are too many horror stories of unreliable vendors which is why recommendations are so critical. Hiring a pro gives you access to their connections, vendors they’ve helped build their own reputation on. Also, if an emergency arises or an unforeseen event impacts your plans, a professional wedding planner will be better positioned to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
5. If you think hiring a wedding planner isn’t in your budget, keep in mind that many planners are available for consultations and can be hired to help you with a particular aspect of the planning. Even a one-hour consultation (not avail with all planners) can steer you in the right direction and provide invaluable advice about budgets, vendor selection, timing/scheduling, and more.