Originally opened in 1930 as “Eaton’s Seventh Floor,” The Carlu was designed by French architect Jacques Carlu. In 2003, the space at 444 Yonge St. in College Park was reopened as “The Carlu” event venue after an extensive restoration. Now recognized as one of Toronto’s best examples of Art Moderne architecture, The Carlu has been designated as a National Historic Site of Canada, and has played host to royalty on several occasions, as the preferred space for high profile social fetes, conventions, and corporate celebrations.
- Seated: 1200
- Reception: 1500